Sunday, March 26, 2006

Over the past 2 weeks I had seen for myself 2 traffic accidents around my camp. I almost got myself killed today. I was rather close to flying half way around orchard road today. I was crossing the road to wait for my bus.My bus came but the lights to cross still didnt change and i was waiting for the change to run for the bus. When the pedestrian lights turned green, I decided to right diagonally across the road junction for the bus.

Of course, at that point in time,I felt it was rather safe to cross.But I didnt realise that the taxi was moving off and the taxi driver apparently had to jam his brakes. I realised how close i was to being knocked down only after I got onto the bus. I did have to run very fast when I realised that the taxi was coming.

Joel scolded me for dashing across the road.He half expected to see me fly.It would have been quite a sight.But I am fine.If I was meant to die,I would have.Thanks for the concern Joel.

Just a rather morbid thought though.I did wonder after that if I had died,how people would remember me. If anyone besides my mom would actually cry. Life is rather twisted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home