Thursday, September 21, 2006

We all look for acceptance in various forms because it gives us the sense of security.It inevitable that we all look to blend in.Thats how we behave as humans.

As a kid, I was always looking to blend,to fit in.But when you carry two bags to school,look like you made your glasses out of fish bowls and wear your white socks as high as the sky, you tend to stick out.I was never part of the crowd that played soccer on the school field or spent lazy afternoons playing the latest games.I struggled to fit in,to make the concious effort to blend in.Somewhere very far down,I lost myself.

I realised that I cant keep caring about what friends think of me, I cant keep getting worried about whether or not I blend in or whether I am accepted. Sam mentioned that life is not about people ignoring you.What is it worth if I bother so much.Its worth nothing to the people who say and do things that hurt you but it means negative emotions to you.

Its the same when it comes to being recognised and appreciated. We often work hard in hope of getting awards,getting scholarships and words of appreciation.To keep constantly working for recognition from others is tiring and draining,because half the time,no one appreciates the things that you do.

Its not worth constantly searching for acceptance to make yourself feel secure.Its not worth working your guts out for that little word of thanks.While life isnt about people ignoring you,life also isnt all about people recognising and accepting you.I often find it so hard to love not my neighbour but the person in the mirror.If you cant love yourself,you cant and you wont realise how much the people around you love you because you will never ever feel like you deserve it.At the end of the day,you torment yourself more than anyone else would and could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home