Sunday, September 24, 2006

I decided last night that I would start volunteering somewhere.Preferably an orphanage.I think its time to learn how to give of myself and it will probably help me forget about all the little conflicts that I have with myself. I realised that through all this time,I have become too inward looking,always bothering about how insecure I feel, or how friends look at me and how they treat me.Starting to volunteer at an orphanage would help me to be able to get my feet back on the ground and back to reality and maybe find myself in the process.

Why an orphanage you ask?These kids are deprived of parental love and warmth and they lack so many things in life.I hope I can bring something to these kids.Lofty aspiration but yeah,I hope I can do something for them.Kids have this innocence about them,in becky's words,their innocence versus the shallow hypocrisy of the adult world.When we see things from their perspective,you realise how complicated our lives are,and how we complicate matters.

Well,if anyone wants to join me,let me know.I am gonna start getting in contact with some places and go down for a visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home