Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Chinese New Year always had a special place in my heart,although Christmas is always been the favourite time of the year for me, Chinese New year was always the time where I would be able to stay up late with the family,put up all the decorations and go to the flower market with mom and dad to buy flowers for the home and most importantly,the money I would get from all the relatives and all the bak kua!!

Chinese New Year has been changing every year,not really for the better.To a certain extent for the worse.But still,it is wonderful to be able to spend time with the family.After book out yesterday,went down to Chinatown with my parents to get some new year stuff and to walk around.Basically,I went down because I had this crazy idea of buying those chinese embroidered silk tops to wear for new year.I realised how dumb it was cos when I actually saw those tops, it looked weird and I would have looked like some chee ko peh wanting to act cool.Whatever it is,it would have looked damn off. It was still good to spend time with my parents in Chinatown and feel that whole bazzar environment,where everyone is trying to hawk their ware in time for the new year.It was really interesting and my parents and I bought a hell lot of food.Mom went to buy the cheese sausages from the austrain guy and i bought 2 cups of grass jelly with aloe vera.It was just damn nice for a hot day despite the price of the drink.

Visitation today,made me wonder how life for me would be like when I grow old.Looking at my grandma,made me feel a sense of pity and a feeling of heartache when I saw the state that she was in.I really felt sorry for her,for someone who used to be so active to someone who has to be fed blended food,who has to be helped about when she walks and who has to use a wheelchair.Its sad when I see her being so feeble.Although I have never really liked her before,I cant help but feel sad and sorry for her.I wish I wont have to grow old,or even to have to grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home