Friday, November 26, 2004

I think there is something in the air during the end of the year.Everyone seems to either be falling in love or to be lovelorn.Everyone seems to be entangled in this intoxcicating web of love that looks attractive.Yet when is ensares you,sometimes you wish you never got caught in that web of love.

This reminds me of last year when I was so smitten with this special someone.We were good friends and reading signs which I thought would help me to see if she liked me proved to be deadly.Because it just set my expectations so high.Love has this ablilty to blind you and trap you.I had known she was out of my league,yet I chose to make myself believe that when there is love between a couple,everything will work out.How naive of me.I continued to be her close friend,getting rather chummy with each other even encouraging her to get together with the guy she liked,although it would have been a long distance relationship.Selfless love?Definitely not.Retarded would be it.I kept brooding over it,dreaming about it,thinking it was wonderful to be in love.Until the day she found out about my feelings for her,everything seemed to be perfect.Not feeling the same way,she left.What I had at first,was the idea of love that was perfect,what I was left with was the perfect picture of a brusied ego and a broken heart.Somehow,I still hang on.We are still friends.Close friends.I choose to tell myself now that we are in a merely platonic relationship.Deep down inside,I still hang on.I know I have to move on.I have to and I need to.Yet,I still cling on,somehow,hoping for something.To her:If you ever read this and know that I am talking about you,I just hope if it changes things,it changes things for the better.You have been a great friend,although sometimes,I dont know what the status of our friendship is.

To those who feel that they are hopelessly in love or hopeless in love(like me).I know this sounds cliche, but dont go looking for love.Let love come to you.Of course dont sit back and do nothing about it.Let it happen naturally.When it is your time,it will happen.Otherwise,the relationship would be too synthetic and it loses the appeal and the relationship will fall apart.And although you may think there is nothing good about being dumped or having love problems,the good thing is that you know who your real friends are.

1 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

cherie toh.took my inspiration frm yr entries and from what I have been talking to my friends about.haha.glad it wasnt just ravings.haha.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home