Tuesday, August 16, 2005

time and place,seasons of change

Life is filled with goodbyes.Goodbyes that mean change,goodbyes that mean distance,goodbyes that bring tears and pain.

This year has been filled with saying goodbye.Saying goodbye to the comfort and shelter of school and of being a teen to the many friends and memories that AC held for me.It left me with a sense of loss and every now and then,waves of nostalgia would sweep over me and I would be pining for school and all my friends.Perhaps having to say goodbye when I was having the time of my life would make me treasure the times more and make me appreciate everything that I have and I had.It meant closing one chapter of my life and opening another.A chapter full of drama and tears.A chapter that I want to close at the end of this year.A chapter that I would never look back at.A goodbye that meant change from shelter to the harsh realities of life that up till now,I still struggle to cope with.

Recently,a few of my friends had to see goodbye to the person that they loved.To the person that meant the world to them but ended up crashing that world of theirs.Its the hardest thing to have to hear, "I dont love you anymore" or to have to break off a relationship that has had so much invested in it.But love isnt forever.To me love is such a paradox.A double edged sword.It can make your day and it can make you feel like shit.It sucks.It really does but sometimes,having to say goodbye is for the better or saying goodbye is not forever.Nothing is never really the end unless you decide that it is.

This month is a season of goodbyes.Goodbyes to friends who pack up 19-20 years of their lives to create a future for themselves overseas.Goodbyes that meant distance which although technology could shorten,technology cannot eliminate.Having to say goodbye to these people that meant so much to me,that made my life something to look forward to left me with a sense of loss and maybe displacement.But saying goodbye is inevitable although undesirable.For those who leave,they say goodbye too.Goodbye to everything that they are leaving behind,to everything that is familiar and comfortable.

I hate goodbyes.But sometimes its for the better.And with every goodbye,comes a hello.Hello to all things new and different.We are the directors and writers of our own lives.Let every goodbye be followed by a hello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home