Monday, November 29, 2004

For todays lesson,we learn about motifs.
A motif is:
A recurrent thematic element in an artistic or literary work, or a dominant theme or central idea.And since this is not a literary work,in my story for today we will see motif as a dominant theme.
The motif that can be clearly seen in this passage is that of failure...Why?Firstly, I didnt make it today.I didnt make the pass.I cant feel upset because admittedly I am not all that prepared as I should be.I just wish I could do something more about it.I didnt.I refused to admit to myself that I was not prepared,that I had been slacking off.I told myself I wanted it bad.But i didnt show it.I was lazy and now I am paying the price for it.I cant feel discouraged because I am numb.Inside of me I feel mixed up.I try to paint a picture that is that of pity,but in actual fact,pathetic is a better word to use.Pathetic in the cynical sense.Pathetic in a tone of spite.I dont get it.I scoff at people who indulge in self pity.Yet,I am indulging in self pity at this very moment.No matter what people say,some things can be controlled.It is just a matter of whether you want to have a part to play in your life or just hope that everything will just go according to YOUR "GRAND" plan.

Today's leaflet distribution for SSO was a good experience.Here are some learning points.
1.To those who are afraid of rejection.Here is the perfect remedy to get used to rejection,when people reject taking leaflets from you.And did I mention that the rejection is plentiful?
2.When giving out the leaflets,target the aunties.Turn on the charm boys and girls and they will gladly take the leaflet from you.
3.Dont bother about hot girls in power office suits or tubes.They dont take it from you.
4.No matter how much we think that expats are a bunch of bumbling idiots who come here only to increase the levels of withdrawals from our country,there are also bumbling idiots of Singaporeans who like to wave you away with their hand when you try to give them flyers.
5.There is this new plague called "leaflets distributors".Symptom of this virus is when u see droves of people deliberately avoiding you like very bad B.O.

Haha.well...we all learn something new everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home