Monday, January 01, 2007

The year has come and gone just like that.everyone is doing their own reflections.its the right time for me to do mine.to have a sense of closure to the year that has just passed.

2006 was a rather good year.I got the chance to travel a fair bit.I started getting used to the whole military lifestyle,made good friends and I guess i learned a lot in the process.Army I would say was not a completely redundant experience.While it was not discipline I had to learn,it was learning how to push myself further than what I feel that I can achieve.

Work at the hotel,while frustrating at the beginning,taught me much.It taught me what not to do,showed me that there was still very much about the industry that I would have to learn and made me desire to want to know more.

I finally passed my driving.after a really long time,something I thought I would never be able to do.my friends didnt think so either.they think i am quite a hazard on the road.I say I did have a bit of help.Divine help.I really did think that I was going to fail and I was estatic to know that I passed.

This year has also made me realise how much more I need to grow up.It has made me realise that I have to stop making the same mistakes again and to start making new ones and learning from them.I always thought that I would live with whatever decisions I make and not regret.as much as I would like to,there are times,where I still regret.I still believe in having no regrets,but I now believe that with every decision that I make,there is always this area where I can consider if I have made a better decision.

When I look back at the year,I realise I have really been very fortunate and very blessed.Blessed with friends who genuinely care.Friends who go the extra mile.Friends who are forgiving and accept you for who you are.Friends whom you know you would have a good time with regardless.

Year 2007.Whatever it brings,ready or not,I will take it as it comes.School starts in 3 weeks time and I am nervous as hell.I am trying not to think about it.New environment,new lifestyle.back to school and time to hit the books.my brain is still rusty.I am excited about what I am gonna be learning.2007.here I come.its time to find a girlfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home